The last time Microsoft bought a successful video game studio (Halo creator Bungie) it quickly disbanded and left for a competitor (Sony's Playstation). Will Mojang be next?
September 16, 2014
September 11, 2014
Microsoft purchased Nokia's device and services business in September 2013 for $7.2 billion. Nokia, once a dominant player in the cellphone industry, has seen its market share decline steadily since 2010.
September 3, 2014
Galaxy Note Edge Specs
- Screen Size/Type: 5.6-inch Quad HD+ bent display (the "plus" in Quad HD+ refers to the 160 rows of extra pixels used on the side display)
- Dimensions: 5.96 x 3.24 x 0.33 inches (151.3 x 82.4 x 8.3 mm) [3.8mm wider, 2.2mm shorter than Note 4]
- Weight: 6.14oz (174g)
- Camera(s): 16 megapixels (back) with 3840x2160 (4K) video capabilities and 3.7 megapixels (front)
- OS: Android 4.4
- Hardware: Qualcomm Snapdragon Quadcore 2700MHz, 3072MB RAM, 64GB storage.
- Storage Expansion: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GB
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery
- Available at: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint
What the Future Users Say
"I can bet that this stupid thing that will cost a 100 USD extra(or more) will be nothing but a gimmick that no one will use." -yon1000
"This looks fine and everything but in day to day use I prefer the regular Note4. I think the edge can get annoying specially since this model is wider." -vampyren
"While this can come off as gimmicky or a shiny object, I think it's important to keep in mind this is probably more directional for the category than practical at this point. Which is important. Once the SDK is out then the really cool stuff will start to emerge. And, as OLED/curved technology improves it will only push the possibilities of this even further. I think we're seeing the beginning of something very remarkable. I say kudos to Samsung for taking the first step." -Deano1739
The Anti-Apple Fan"Why Samsung why?! I was so prepared to get this model of phone. Then you introduced the VR headset, but that only works for the regular phone. To all the iPhone trolls on here saying it's just a gimmick, didn't Apple just applied for a multi-screen patent? Seems like a rip-off copying move. And what about the fingerprint scanner, like that isn't a useless gimmick app. At least this has multiple functions and capabilities that is actually useful. Dammit, which phone should I get." -lee cam
Top image courtesy of engadget. Other images courtesy of Samsung and Limewit Blog.